Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Do I, Don't I?

It's a tough decision whether or not to give your baby a soother or not, and if you do, then when?

There is a lot of pressure out there when it comes to parenting and everyone definitely wants to give their two cents on what is right and what is wrong. At the end of the day, they are only trying to help but you have to learn to take people's opinions with a pinch of salt (or a bucket). You have to do what you feel is right for you as a parent to your own child.

We have been very lucky with Harley. She rarely cries, only wakes once most nights and is quite content being cuddled by anyone who holds her without making strange (I have every finger and toe crossed that it stays this way, I know babies like to change things up as soon as you think you have a routine established). Because of this, I haven't had to start her on the soother as a form of comfort. To me, this worked great as I felt that could lead to tantrums if she dropped her soother or waking up if she was using it to help her sleep. 


However, the past week Harley has discovered her hands. Every time I turn around, there she is, hand in mouth and dribble everywhere (I think she is beginning to teeth). 
Harley has been on her soother a week now and she loves it. I have to admit, she looks super cute with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment